Contra Costa Reading Association
We’re the local chapter established by a small and talented cadre of educators in Contra Costa County that believed an association of members dedicated to reading would benefit all stakeholders in our communities.
The Contra Costa Reading Association, a non-profit chapter of CRA, supports the mission of “Literacy for ALL” and believes:
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.”* CCRA gives away quality books to members at meetings & families through our summer slide program.
- A good education can change anyone; a good teacher can change everything. CCRA offers inspiring professional development to educate the mind & heart of teachers
- Children must be taught how to think, not just what to think. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world!”*
- Education is for improving the lives & leaving your community and world better than you found it.
* From The Game Changers: Book Access for ALL Kids by Donalyn Miller
Join Us In These Worthy Goals!
COME FOR THE COLLABORATION. STAY FOR THE FUN. OUR MEETINGS ARE WORTH YOUR TIME.
Be Connected ~ Join our community Summer Slide free book program
Be Inspired ~ Check out our blog on Facebook@ccreadingassociation
Be Informed ~ Read our newsletter on CCRA News
Be Recognized ~ Celebrate Literacy Award given in May. It could be you!
Past Winners: Karen Yee, Lynn Gurnee, Tamra Golinveaux, and Joni Smith.
Kryssie Mingst not pictured.
Cara Sawyer, Christy Condrin & Kim Geis CCRA Board Members join the celebration at CRA Conference.